Updates

• Added info on Jimmy Ford, thanks to Volker Houghton. • Extended and corrected the post on Happy Harold Thaxton (long overdue), thanks to everyone who sent in memories and information! • Added information to the Jim Murray post, provided by Mike Doyle, Dennis Rogers, and Marty Scarbrough. • Expanded the information on Charlie Dial found in the Little Shoe post.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Greenback Dollar

Here's a repost of ab earlier compilation dealing with Ray Harris. Actually, it was my first selfmade compilation. I think Harris is often overlooked as a Sun artist, so I hope this gives him and his music more exposure. Here's the original post:

Finally, my first home-brew comp is here! I noticed that that there is no disc featuring all of Ray Harris' Sun recordings, so I put together one on my own. It includes all tracks Harris cut in the Sun Studio between 1956 - 1958, including alternative takes and also three songs by Wayne Cogswell, Harris' guitarist.

Download

track listing:
1. Come On Little Mama
2. Where'd You Stay Last Nite
3. Greenback Dollar, Watch and Chain
4. Foolish Heart
5. Come On Little Mama
6. Greenback Dollar, Watch and Chain
7. Lonely Wolf
8. Love Dumb Baby
9. I'm Winning Now
10. Point of View
11. My Love Song
12. What Will I Do

1 comment:

Johnny One-Note said...

Many thanks for this wonderful post.

Cheers!
Johnny One-Note