Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Country Gold Vol. 17 CD2

Everytime I look at the cover, I wonder if there were actually 16 other volumes prior to this. I remember once digging out a volume 15 or so on the web. Will watch eBay day and night from now on. However, great tracks here. Listen to Bill Monroe's live rendition of "Shady Grove," Johnny Cash's version of the Elvis Presley Country hit "I Forgot to Remember to Forget" and lots of other greats.

Download

track list:
1. Jim Reeves - If You Were Mine (live)
2. Jimmy Dean - Nine Pound Hammer (live)
3. Johnny Cash - I Could Never Be Ashamed of You
4. Johnny Lee - Dear Alice
5. Patsy Cline - If I Could See The World
6. Waylon Jennings - Jolé Blon
7. Johnny Paycheck - Keeping Up with the Jones
8. Burl Ives - Real Roses
9. Bill Monroe - Shady Grove (live)
10. Ed Bruce - If It Was Easy (live)
11. Jim Reeves - Just Call Me Lonesome
12. Kenny Rogers - Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
13. Merle Haggard - If You Want to Be My Woman (live)
14. Patsy Cline - In Care of the Blues
15. Johnny Lee - Frisco
16. Johnny Cash - I Forgot to Remember to Forget Her
17. Jimmy Dean - One Last Time
18. Kenny Rogers - Molly
19. Waylon Jennings - Lorena
20. Burl Ives - Roll Up Some Inspiration (live)

No comments: