Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.
• Additions to Eddie Bond discography.
• Massive update on Blake Records. Thanks to Eric from Goner Records (Memphis, TN)!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Beach Boys

The sun is shining today and I felt like putting up some Beach Boys on my turntable. I recorded the LP for you and hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Actually, this is not the style of music this blog deals with usually but the Beach Boys borrowed some elements from rock'n'roll for sure. Lead guitarist Carl Wilson was heavily influenced by Chuck Berry, for example.

This LP was put out by Arcade Records in West Germany in September 1977 and reached #2 on the German charts. It was Capitol material from their early career and I won't go into detail how important they are in music history. I guess y'all know it. But there are really great tracks on it. In my opinion, the first side has the better songs although "Do You Wanna Dance," "Wouldn't It Be Nice," "I Get Around" and "Help Me Rhonda" on side 2 are also great. Enjoy!

Download

track list:
1. Do It Again
2. Barbara Ann
3. Little Honda
4. Sloop John B
5. Fun, Fun, Fun
6. I Can Hear Music
7. Surfin' USA
8. Cottonfields
9. Then I Kissed Her
10. California Girls
11. Good Vibrations
12. Help Me, Rhonda
13. I Get Around
14. God Only Knows
15. Dance, Dance, Dance
16. Wouldn't It Be Nice
17. Wendy
18. Break Away
19. Heroes and Villains
20. Do You Wanna Dance

1 comment:

Doccus Rockus Maximus said...

Thank you.. I already have all the music , and any time i see new mixes in stereo (such as the new official stereo release of smiley smile) I go out of my way to get it.. but I am always looking for more artwork, from different countries..... There were a lot of German releases by many bands, because of how much of music fans German are.. so it is not surprising i find on your blog another I have never seen before. Thank you. Interestingly, on my iMac the preview shows the table with white tablecloth you set it on to photo it.. when opening picture up however, I can no longer see it but just the cover, like it is supposed to. Anyone know what is going on here?