Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• New info on the Sylvia Mobley discography.
• Updated my post on the Gene Wester acetate.
• Added discographical infor on Blake Records.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, January 11, 2013

Rockabilly Party

I remembered this in my files and wanted to share it with you. This old Ace LP from 1979 features some great Rockabilly tracks from the Starday and D labels, both (partially) owned by Pappy Daily. Starday house guitarist Hal Harris is featured here with his two unreleased solo outings but he can also be heard on Leon Payne's sides and probably also and nearly all other tracks. Recommended is also Link Davis with "Trucker from Tennessee." Enjoy!

Download
New link: ♪♪♪

track list:
1. Hal Harris - Jitterbop Baby
2. Les Cole - Rock-a-My Baby
3. Royce Porter - Lookin'
4. Leon Payne - Little Rock Rock
5. Les Cole - Bee Boppin' Daddy
6. Sonny Hall - My Big Fat Baby
7. Link Davis - Trucker from Tennessee
8. Leon Payne - That Ain't It
9. Hal Harris - I Don't Know When
10. Benny Barnes - You Gotta Pay

3 comments:

The Count of Al Dente said...

Hi there. Mediafire is blocking me for some reason; 'cause I'm in the U.S.?

devika rathore said...



Hi thanks for writing about this. I enjoy visiting your blog,I always was interested in this subject and still am, thanks for putting up.keep up the good work!
http://www.indianinstituteofphotography.com

devika rathore said...



Hi thanks for writing about this. I enjoy visiting your blog,I always was interested in this subject and still am, thanks for putting up.keep up the good work!
http://www.indianinstituteofphotography.com