Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Gary Glitter on Bell, Part I

 
Gary Glitter - I'm the Leader of the Gang (I Am!), 1973 (Bell 2008 184)
 
Gary Glitter - Just Fancy That (1973), Bell 2008 184

Another Glam Rock post today. I think many of you will recognize the A side "I'm the Leader of the Gang (I Am!), which was a #1 in the UK for Gary Glitter, and a #6 hit in Germany. But the more interesting side here is "Just Fancy That," an Elvis styled mid-tempo piano swinger. I did not listen to this gem until some weeks ago when I dug out hs 45 and it really surprised me. Hope you like it as much as I do. In my opinion, Glitter represents averything about Glam Rock; he's the artist to name when it comes to 1970s soft rock.

No comments: