Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Additions to Eddie Bond discography.
• Massive update on Blake Records. Thanks to Eric from Goner Records (Memphis, TN)!
• Discography updates on Willie Gregg.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Grand Daddy's Rockin', Vol. 4

Sorry folks, but I don't have the third volume of this series. That's why I have to continue with the fourth volume, released in 1995. In my opinion, the previous volume has better artists on it (Hodges Brothers, Link Davis, Lloyd McCollough), but here are also some good tracks. For example, we have a nice country version of Faron Young's hit "Alone with You", the rockin' instrumental "Spitfire" by the Royal Notes (read more about them here) or Dusty Payne's "My Walkin' Shoes". Enjoy it!

Download

track list:
1. Bobby Mack - She's My Little Baby
2. Johnny Nance - You Got the Blues
3. Don Boots - Big Foot Annie
4. Tommy Moreland - The Tennessee Blues
5. Andy Starr - The Dirty Bird Song
6. Jim Pike - Shaken and a Shuddern
7. Dusty Payne - My Walkin' Shoes
8. Gene Watson and the Rockets - My Rockin' Baby
9. Milt Forrester - Crawdad Song
10. Royal Notes - Spitfire
11. Lone Drifters - Havin' a Whole Lot of Fun
12. Dusty Payne - I Want You
13. Jimmy Simpson - Blue As I Can Be
14. Jimmy Stevens - Alone with You

1 comment:

Uncle Gil said...

Vol.3 :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MOJ0GJOY
You can find a small cover at RCS.
Cheers!