Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

120% Heroes of Country CD6

The final part of our country comp. This has only female singers on it - but in my humble opinion, this is the weakest disc of the six. Many sad and slow ballads on it, a bit too slow for me. However, the folks from Weton Records also put some good songs on it: Patsy Cline's "Three Cigarettes in the Ashtray", Jeannie Pruett's "Satin Sheets", Anne Murray's "Last Thing on My Mind" and Billie Jo Spears' "Look What They've Done to My Song".
Hope you enjoyed the box set, next week you will get some Miami Rockabilly!

Download

track list:
1. Lynn Anderson - You're My Man
2. Dolly Parton - Release Me
3. Patsy Cline - Three Cigarettes in the Ashtray
4. Billie Jo Spears - What I've Got in Mind
5. Skeeter Davis - The End of the World
6. Janie Fricke - He's a Heartache
7. Sammi Smith . Send Me the Pillow That You Dream On
8. Kitty Wells - I Can't Stop Loving You
9. Wanda Jackson - Right or Wrong
10. Sandy Posey - Born a Woman
11. Barbara Fairchild - Teddy Bear Song
12. Donna Fargo - Daddy
13. Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
14. Dottie West - I Fall to Pieces
15. Jeannie Pruett - Satin Sheets
16. Wilma Burgess - Misty Blue
17. Donna Fargo - That Was Yesterday
18. Anne Murray - The Last Thing on My Mind
19. Billie Jo Spears - Look What They've Done To My Song
20. Dolly Parton - Two Little Orphans

No comments: