Updates

• Added info on Jimmy Ford, thanks to Volker Houghton. • Extended and corrected the post on Happy Harold Thaxton (long overdue), thanks to everyone who sent in memories and information! • Added information to the Jim Murray post, provided by Mike Doyle, Dennis Rogers, and Marty Scarbrough. • Expanded the information on Charlie Dial found in the Little Shoe post.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

120% Heroes of Country CD2

No folks, I'm not dead, just ill! I apologize for not posting anything this week, so here we go with disc two of "120% Heroes of Country". This one kicks off with another Cash song just like the previous CD, featuring J.C.'s rendition of "Rock Island Line". And look at this, there's Waylon Jennings' cover of the Roy Orbison hit "Dream Baby", followed by an obscure Buck Owens song called "After the Dance". Ol' Hank is also heard with "Last Night I Heard You Crying In your Sleep", a lesser known tune of the Drifting Cowboy. Well, the disc comes to an end with Johnny Paycheck's wonderful "Someone To Give My Love To", I used to listen to this very often!
BTW: Get ready for another story of 'Kansas City Country Rockers' tomorrow!

Download

track list:
1. Johnny Cash - Rock Island Line
2. Billie Jo Spears - It Coulda Been Me
3. Patsy Cline - Sweet Dreams
4. Faron Young - If You Ain't Lovin'
5. Freddy Fender - Since I Met You Baby
6. Gene Autry - South of the Border
7. Waylon Jennings - Dream Baby
8. Dolly Parton - Girl Left Alone
9. Buck Owens - After the Dance
10. Hank Williams - (Last Night) I Heard You Crying In Your Sleep
11. Lynn Anderson - Ride, Ride, Ride
12. Roger Miller - The Last Word In Lonesome is Me
13. Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad at You
14. Slim Whitman - Any Time
15. Merle Haggard - Cherokee Maiden
16. Willie Nelson - Suffering in Silence
17. Ferlin Husky - Gone
18. Faron Young - Alone with You
19. Skeeter Davis - I Can't Help You (I'm Falling To)
20. Johnny Paycheck - Someone To Give My Love To

No comments: