Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Alvis Wayne day


In the new year, the "... days" will be changed to "rockin' days". This time, we have a true rock-a-billy here. Alvis Wayne was there when rockabilly began and he's still here. His first recordings were made in 1956 at Westport Records and he still peforms to present day, having cut two excellent albums some years ago.

I have compiled the following mp3-files from various sources.

1. Lay Your Head On My Shoulder (1958)
2. Don't Mean Maybe, Baby (1957)
3. Rockabilly Daddy (2000)
4. I Wanna Eat Your Puddin'

Note: "I Wanna Eat Your Puddin'" is something of a mystery. It's Alvis Wayne, you can clearly hear, but the song doesn't appear on any of his 50s records or his two albums. Seems to be a post-1960 track.

Update: "I Wanna Eat Your Puddin'" was recorded in the early 1970s at Ronnie Weiser's Rollin' Rock Records. Thanks Ricardo.

2 comments:

Ricardo said...

I Wanna Eat Your Pudding was recorded in the early 70's for Ronny Weiser's Rollin' Rock Label, and released in a 45' (RR 45032, B-side is the song It'sYour Last Chance To Dance Tonight). In 1994, Pink'n'Black Records released a Long Playing containing all the Westport recordings, plus this 2 RR recordings. There is another great song recorded to Rollin' Rock in the early 70's called "She Won't See Me Cry Anymore" released in the compilation Rollin' The Rock Volume 1 (1976). Alvis Wayne is one of my favorites !!

Mellow said...

Yes, I always liked his music, too. His two albums for Rollin' Rock are great and also his Westport recordings make me dance! Thank you very much for your information!