Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Charlie Poole day, No.2

I told you last month, there will be another Charlie Poole day, because there are a lot of more tunes on the web. Here are more early fiddle tracks from Charlie Poole and his North Carolina Ramblers, recorded between 1925 and 1929 for Columbia Records. The picture shows Charlie Poole (banjo), Posey Rorer (fiddle) and Norm Woodlieff (guitar).

I compiled the following mp3-files from various sources:

1. Sunny Tennessee (this track doesn't feature Poole as a vocalist, but I think the North Carolina Ramblers are the backing band, seems to be a later take after 1931)
2. Moving Day
3. If I Lose, I Don't Care
4. Leaving Dear Old Ireland

No comments: