Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hank Williams - The Unreleased Recordings

On October 28, 2008, Time Life will release the first of several box sets which contains previous unreleased material from Hank Williams. The CD features performanes from an WSM show in 1951 with brand new versions of his hit songs like "Hey Good Lookin'", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" or "Cold Cold Heart". A very historical box set and a must for every Hank fan. Stay tuned for more information I will post the next time.

1 comment:

Red Neckerson said...

just picked this up and it's a winner! A must have set for any Hank Sr Fan. I have had boot copies of the material but Time Life did an excellent restoration.!