Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Update on Les Randall acetate.
• Thanks to Bob more info on Bill Harris.
• Added info on Reavis Recording Studio.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cliff Carlisle day


The following links are mp3 files I compiled from various sources. Click on the link to download the song. See more about Cliff Carlisle

1. Black Jack David
2. Crazy Blues
3. Hobo Blues
4. The Nasty Swing
5. Mouse's Ear Blues
6. Ash Can Blues

These songs are recorded around 1931 - 1934 or so and are hard to find. The sound qualitiy isn't the best. Anyway, very awesome songs. I love Cliff!

1 comment:

Duncanmusic said...

Nice. I had picked up the first three (probably from the same place you did) and my little trio has already used the Gypsy Davy recording as a template for our own (mixed with Dave Alvin's version) so it was very nice to find three more. Thank you very much. I will be back to see what happens here.
Duncan