Welcome to Mellow's Log Cabin. This blog's purpose is to supply information on a diversity of American southern music - ranging from country, blues, old-time and folk to R&B, rock'n'roll and rockabilly. I regularly present my research results about artists, labels, shows and also give guest writers a chance to publish their texts here on occasion.

UPDATES

• Additions to Eddie Bond discography.
• Massive update on Blake Records. Thanks to Eric from Goner Records (Memphis, TN)!
• Discography updates on Willie Gregg.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

Alabama Hayloft Jamboree

Folks, in my free time I try to find out more about the old barn dance stage shows that were hosted all over the USA. There a a lot of shows leaving behind a history full of details, but there are also programs, which remain in obscurity. One of these shows is the Alabama Hayloft Jamboree, that aired over WAPI in Birmingham, Alabama. All I know is that the show started around 1940 and was still on air in 1946. Hardrock Gunter, Fiddlin' Arthur Smith and the Delmore Brothers were part of the cast.

If you've got more information on the Hayloft Jamboree, don't hesitate to send me them. I need your help folks...

No comments: